Monday, September 27, 2010

I love it when the month changes.

We're almost to October, and I can't convey how excited that makes me. Because there is a fairly decent chance I could have a baby in October. (Although I'm still resigning myself to November. Let's not get foolishly optimistic.) At any rate, I will be full-term this month. And October should have a lot of things to keep me busy and speed us towards the due date. For instance, my brother-in-law is getting married. We get to watch general conference. (Which is exciting because I love the prophet and apostles, and also because I can listen to them while reclining on a couch. Win-win.) My brother is leaving on his mission to Chile. And Halloween will soon be upon us. Mix in doctor's appointments almost every week, and we'll be pretty busy.

Poor Madeline is somewhat oblivious to the sudden change her life is about to take. She is very much aware that there is a baby sister coming, and she knows that makes Mommy tired and uninteresting, but she just has no way of grasping the magnitude of what a newborn baby will do to her schedule. When she's throwing fits or being particularly naughty, I admit I revel in the thought. When she's being adorable and loving and helpful, I feel kind of sad our one on one time is coming to an end. But I'm sure that once we get over the boring newborn thing and the jealousy, having a built in playmate 24 hours a day will more than compensate her for her loss of attention. Fortunately, we don't have to deal with this change for another month. Until then we just have to explain to Madeline why she can't go to school until she's five. Which may be just as traumatic.

No comments: