Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Holidays and so forth.

Aren't you ridiculously sad that you only hear from me once a week? If only Jessie was gone every night instead of just Wednesday. Sad day. Things here are going swimmingly. We had a great Memorial Day and took the girls down to check out City Creek. They got McDonalds, ice cream, new shoes, and played in the fancy fountain, so they gave the place a pretty good review. That will comfort the builders, I know, who were waiting for the okay from my kids to consider their work done. We also visited some graves, which was nice, although I'd forgotten how tiny cemetery roads are. We ended up hiking in with the stroller, which made me grateful we have one that can contain three children. Best Mother's Day gift ever. Jessie was so thoughtful when he said okay and let me order it. (In a girlie color, even. He is a saint.) All together, everything a holiday should be. And today was everything the day after a holiday should be-that is, lazy. To recover from the holiday.

Also new since our last report: I have a new calling. Before you place your guess, let me give you these stimulating and obscure clues: 1) The relief society president is my next door neighbor. 2) The relief society president is my visiting teacher. 3) Jessie got to know my calling before I did. (That may or may not be relevant, but I felt like that was a little unfair.) Back to the facts: Yes, my calling is in the relief society! How did you know? I am the new Visiting Teaching Coordinator in my ward. This should be comforting to my mother, who worries that I don't "get" relief society. Think of it as special training for the relief society challenged, Mom! I'm actually really excited about it. A lot of it is on the computer recording stuff. Is it nerdy that I'm kind of excited to do some work that is more brain work than repetitive cleaning work? It'll be good for me. Let me know if you have any tips for me on how to coordinate. I'm still working on coordinating schedules. And outfits. And other coordinating things.

3 comments:

Vernice said...

Your family is adorable. I am also the VT Coordinator. This is my second time in 5 years. I had it when I first moved into my ward and I currently have it. I bet you will be great at it. Glad you guys had a good memorial day. We may be in Cedaredge, CO from around July 28th-Aug 3 or 4th. I have my 10 year class reunion on July 28th.

cindy said...

I will never live that comment down! I know you "Get It". You will be wonderful in your new calling as always in whatever you do! If you have any insight you can help your dear old mom huh? :)
Love you tons!

Sara said...

I want to see your awesome three-kid stroller!