Sunday, December 18, 2011

This too is supposed to pass.

So I realized I spelled adios incorrectly in my last post. It's been bothering me for a week, but not enough to go fix it. Embarrassing. I crave your forgiveness for not being a native Spanish speaker. A poor excuse, but there you go.

I know you missed us. Don't mind my long absence. We were just celebrating our monthly week of sickness. This time it was stomach flu. The joy and excitement we experienced were abundant. The girls got it first, and then myself, and then Jessie. Odds are pretty good you've had the pleasure of making its acquaintance recently if you live near us, so there's no need to explain all the fun details. But at our house it was a nasty bugger that put you in constant misery for about 6-8 hours and then left you wiped out for a day or so are that. Good times. Anyway, that's pretty much dominated our week and left little time and motivation for fun things like blogging, cleaning the house, or living. We did, however, manage to pull off a family white elephant party in the aftermath, which was fun, and included such gems as a pet rock and a shave and play Barbie. You are totally jealous right now.

Before/during/after the stomach flu, we had anther fun plague called Attack of the Tantrum, which mostly involved Madeline losing all sense of reason, independence, and sanity. Temper tantrums over everything, waking up twelve times a night to throw more temper tantrums, tears and hitting and defiance, needing help and supervision for every menial task and activity, and did I mention the tantrums? Our house is a little short on sleep, patience, sanity, and peanut butter. One of those is not Madeline's fault. As for the rest, we're at wit's end on how to restore our child to the rambunctious but lovable and manageable child she once was. We're guessing it has something to do with her father and insecurity about her status as queen of the world, but we'll let you know when Freud gives us a definitive diagnosis. In the meantime, pray for our eardrums and our neighbor's eardrums.

1 comment:

Kikal said...

You're hilarious, I love your blog. Sorry about your stomach and your ears...I wish I had some great parenting advice, but the taste of my own words is disgusting, so I try not to give any. :)